Thursday, July 2, 2009

Time Travel Thursday!

So my sisters have certain days of the week they post an older picture. I thought it would be fun, since I have quite the boring life, plus I am a total copycat. I have been collecting wedding pictures of my ancestors for my wedding so I thought it would be the perfect start.



The first one is my grandparents. How cute are they? you can't tell in this picture but my Grandpa had a pinstripe suit on. My grandparents had the sweetest relationship ever. They were the best of friends and did everything together. If my grandpa was up fixing the roof my grandma was up there with him poor health and all. They loved each other so much, but they were equals. They both had their part but were always best friends. I hope the Mitchell and I can be like that.
This second picture is my cute parents. They look so little (cause they were) it makes me giggle a little bit. My parents are the best. They have seriously been put through the ringer throughout their whole lives together. The last three and a half years have been the hardest for them. My moms health has brought her close to death and much more beyond that. Watching my dad deal with that was so tough. I have never seen my oh so brave dad so scared. But I guess if you thought you might loose your best friend, love of your life, eternal companion you would be a little freaked out too. Thats a lot wrapped up into one person. No matter what though they have stuck it out together. The best part about it though is it has brought them closer together. I think that is when true love and strength comes out. When trials come in your life I believe that the way you deal with the trials show your true character. With that said I think my parents have amazing character. I know that Mitch and I will have challenges in our married life and I hope that we can approach them with the same tenacity, strength, and character as they have. I have learned so much from my parents and am so grateful to have them and their strength in my life.

This third picture is my aunt Becky and her husband Mike. These guys are so much fun and so good with kids. I have always loved being around either of them at family parties growing up. They too have dealt with some tough things in life and handled loosing a son better then I ever could. My aunt gave me a letter right after my cousin died comforting me which was amazing to me at the time. That letter has always stuck with me and helped me through dealing with other hard times in my life. Becky is like my second mom and has always helped people around her that weren't her own kids. I hope to be like that to the youth that grow up around me. I met this girl once who knew Becky and said how much Becky had helped her through her teenage years. Becky was there for someone whos parents weren't and I hope to be intuned enough to be able to do the same. Can I just say look at how awesome my uncles suit is? Those blue paid pants are sexy. Ha ha becky you look absolutely beautiful though.


7 comments:

Bethie said...

your parents look so cute:) I love all three of the photos

dan and audrey said...

so cute auwat! that made me laugh, made me cry made me hope for all the good things for me and dan too! love your guts!

Honk's Thoughts said...

loved the whole blog! As far as my pic was concerned, I too loved Mike's plaid pants! Let's just say, when he showed up to the wedding I was a little horrified, but I guess "I do" (a little pun) have a great sense of humor.....B

Natalie said...

Great post! I love the pictures. I need to get copies from you. Do you think your mom looks like Tiff (or Tiff looks like your mom) in her wedding picture? Maybe it is just me.

Christenson's said...

Autumn have you ever wondered why Grandpa W was not at the wedding??? I wonder if their is a story there.... Nat people use to say that when I was little, but I haven't heard that for a long time now they usually say Amber looks like her..... Do you have a picture of Grandma and Grandpa Whites wedding? I wonder how hard that would be to get a hold of??? It would be a good project for someone I guess, I would love a copy if someone finds one!!

Christenson's said...

Ok really only Grandma was their from Dads family... how wierd is that and why....

Christenson's said...

so I can't stop staring and thinking about this picture do realize that Grandma Hughes is younger then I am now in this picture freaky right!!