Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"Your friends will come and go, but your sisters will always be there"



I never would have thought that the comforting words of my mom when I was seven years old would continue to ring true throughout my life. When my sister Audrey and I were younger I had this friend named Kim who was my friend first. Then Audrey started coming to hang out with us, so we would get in fights. When I would complain to her she would always just say "Your friends will come and go but your sister will always be there." I think she meant it more as this is so lame you will both be over it in a day.

So to all you moms out there, chose your words wisely cause they will stick with your kids for life. The good and the bad, hopefully they will remember the good more. Pass along the most inspirational or influential words of your parents to your own kids. I know that I will.

My best friend has decided to live up to my moms words on more then one occasion, which when you have been friends for 21 years its like losing a sister in a way. The only difference is she can actually leave and my sisters can't.

So to my three longest Best Friends (my sisters). I love you! I don't know about you but I am truly greatful that Heavenly Father put you guys in my life. With all the good and the bad at the end of the day we will always be sisters. May we have many more good memories and grow old together. Sorry ladies but your stuck with me. Audrey you have been with me since I could only call you audwe. We have many memories as kids together, you and I were the most like friends you have always been my best friend ever since we spent our summers at the pool and ran around barefoot in the rain singing money for the poor. Amber you have always been the sister that I looked up to and thought was so cool. You took me to my first day of kindergarten when I was scared to go to school. You are always so funny, especially when we are alone. I think that I have enjoyed you more as a friend as an adult but its better late then never. I think I needed to grow up. Tiffany you have always been the one that took care of me. Your the sister that has always put a special vested interest into my life and happiness and for that I am infinatly grateful. You have been the sister I have always looked to for advice and probably always will.

I hope that you all have sisters and if you don't I am very sorry, hopefully you have amazing sisters-in-law. May all of your daughters be blessed with sisters. They are the best friends Heavenly Father intended you to have.

3 comments:

dan and audrey said...

I love your little face! that made me cry.. I will always be here for you no matter what, I have a great listening ear. who needs a best friend when you have 3 seesters anyway? love your guts

Christenson's said...

Autumn, You're the best I too love your little face!!! I started life with just two brothers (whom I love and adore. Troy we are all totally praying for you and love you more than you will ever know!! You are the coolest person I know) Anyway I prayed and prayed for a sister, I just new I was missing something...... My dad told me once that I prayed too hard because Heavenly Father blessed me with 3 in row. I since have realized that Heavenly Father always blesses me far more than I deserve. I too feel sisters are the best of friends. Sometimes I feel I need to have more kids just so my girls will have more sisters and be as lucky as me. Because if I had only one I wouldn't have Ardge or little Autumn who is the master way to be team Autumn you really know how to get it done when it is needed. You are supposed to be the baby but I think you are moving into care taker and may someday be "Captian" ha ha wink wink!! Love your guts auwat

Meagan DeLange said...

Hi Autumn. I heard one time that our brothers and sisters were are very best friends in Heaven, and I thought that was so neat. Maybe that's why you love your sisters so much : )!