Thursday, July 17, 2008

El Diablo






I was told to update my blog although I really have nothing exciting going on in my life right now. I thought I would share my story of the devil spider that was lurking in my bathroom one fateful day.

I come home and go to get in the shower, I take off my glasses and climb in. As many of you may know I am blind as a bat so things are a little fuzzy for me. I look in the corner of my shower and see this big black dot in the ceiling. So I thought to myself is my neighbor drilling holes in my ceiling spy on me. I get a little closer (too close) and its a spider a giant one. Well I am not too terrified of spiders so I continue showering with one eye open. My shower has the shower head that is actually a hose so I turn on the water full pressure and spray it on the spider. It caught the spider off guard and he goes dropping down from the ceiling. Then with the full pressure of the water on this devil spider he still climbed his way back up to the ceiling. Then I sprayed some cleaner on the spider, hairspray, and water but this spider was hanging on. I finally got him down into the tub and used nail polish remover on him and that polished him off.

The picture of him next to my toe is when he is a little shriveled from all the chemicals. He must be a very strong spider. I showed the Bugman that comes and sprays my work and he says that this spider is actually a really good spider that eats posionous ones but I wasn't taking my chances. My dog likes to eat spiders so I don't want any around. I have now developed this obsession with taking pictures of spiders or bugs in my house but sometimes they disappear while I am getting my camera.

1 comments:

Meagan DeLange said...

I just want you to know that that spider was really big and scary looking, and you were very brave : ). I never would have put my foot or any part of me that close to a spider, even if he was intoxicated with chemicals. I do that to spiders too to get rid of them. Hairspray works pretty well, but then you have to clean up the over-spray. You're lucky he was in the bath tub because then you could use a lot of things and clean up the mess easier ; ). Anyway, your story made me laugh and I love your blog! It's so fun to look at so don't feel like it's boring. Talk to you later!